Joan (JoDee) Rottler was an instructor of Religious Sudies at Iowa State University from 1987 to 1998. This scholarship has been established in her honor as a tribute to her love of learning and passion for teaching.
Two tuition scholarships of $1,000 each have been awarded annually to ISU Religious Studies majors since 1999.
The application deadline is March 2, 2021. Recipients will be notified by March 25, 2021.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate Religious Studies major.
- Sophomore or higher standing, as of fall of application year.
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average.
- A completed FAFSA (financial aid statement) on file with Iowa State University Financial Aid Office. (Students do not have to be eligible for financial aid to be awarded a scholarship, but applicants must nonetheless have a FAFSA on file.)
- 2015: Brenna Bormann and Benjamin Spick
- 2016: Aleksandra Ivanisevic and Jonathan Becker
- 2017: Katie Lenson and Jonathan Becker
- 2018: Madison Harrington and Sonya Harwood